26 February 2012

Dragon Blues


 



















by Edie Ramer


When I first started, Dragon Blues, I didn't know what to expect. It was recommended to me in a newsletter for my Kindle. So I usually go for books that I know are part of a series but this premise just called out to me. It was interesting to see how it would play out... a dragon in human form, falling in love with a woman. The allusion to Beauty and the Beast was an interesting twist.

The antagonists where a little too run of the mill, which made this book less of a thriller, which are typical what I like to read,  and more of an action adventure. All the characters are clearly defined in their motives. I like how Edie Ramer gave human motives to dragon lore and a plausible fate for dragons.

Although Noah is a dragon in human form, Lila is a perfectly crafted character to be his companion. In the beginning they are both closed off of love. There developing love and the story is crafted in a way that I never care to figure out the outcome, I just enjoy the read while it lasted. The ending did leave me a little anticlimax, I realize now that I just wanted the story to continue. I felt like I was ready for the next episode read Edie Ramer did leave the door wide open if she decides to revisit these characters, which I personally would like to see happen.

Dragon Blues is a lite fantasy paranormal romance. I would like to recommend this to everyone, but a few chapters push this book out of "suitable for children" range.  If you need a lite enjoyable fantasy read this is the book for you.

I give 4 out 5 Gs.

No comments: